July 4, 2002
Titanic Interesting Facts
- 26 Swim dresses had to be made for Titanic because of all the strain that was put on them from being in the water most of the time.
- Kate Winslet had to have safety divers swimming under her to untangle the dresses from her legs so she wouldn't drown.
- The boarding scene was actually filmed backwards, then flipped later on.
- Rose is actually seen in 11 different dresses, something that is usually forgotten because of the short amount of screen time given to the Elevator Dress.
- For a short amount of time in the Not Without You scene, it is raining. Look closely and you can see it coming down in a couple shots.
- Titanic is the most expensive movie ever made with a budget of $250 million US.
- Titanic holds the world record for most Oscars awarded to a single film, winning 11 oscars.
- Titanic (The Ship) holds the world record for 'Most Accidental Deaths on a ship in Peacetime".
- A first class ticket on Titanic cost $4,000 (Equal to about $50,000 today) while a third class ticket cost $35.
- Parts of the wreck that we see when Brock is recovering the safe were specially constructed for the movie and were not part of the wreck, while other parts are direct footage from the wreck.
- The Titanic that we see is actually a model only 10% smaller than the actual ship that was made completely of plywood and was never in more than 3 feet of water.
- Titanic holds the world record for Highest Box Office Gross, making 1.835 billion US dollars.
- Titanic ties for the world record for 'Most Oscar Nominations for a film', nominated for 14 categories.
- Titanic holds 4 world records, and ties for one!
- It cost more to make the movie Titanic than it did to build the ship.
- Titanic was the first DVD to ship more than 1 million copies.